Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hummingbird Muffins

I recently got the recipe for Hummingbird cake from my mom's friend.  I am not sure where it got its name, but nonetheless, it is delicious.  I decided to tweak this recipe a little to make it healthier and in turn I came up with this muffin.  My 2 year old loves them, and I figured that if I had his stamp of approval they must be good.  By eliminating a lot of the sugar and the oil, this is a recipe that you can feel confident serving your family for breakfast or a snack.  Best of all, you can mix everything together in 1 bowl!!  Enjoy!!

Hummingbird Muffins



Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup pumpkin puree

1 cup crushed pineapple, drained 

3 eggs

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp cinnamon

2 cups unbleached flour

2 large bananas, sliced

1/2 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit)

****Optional**** 3/4 cup pecans 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tins with paper liners to prevent sticking.  Combine all ingredients and mix with a hand mixer.  Scoop batter into muffin tins.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  




No comments:

Post a Comment