Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Summer Style Cous Cous

Last week I was looking for something light for dinner.  It was hot outside, I wasn't that hungry, and I really didn't feel like cooking at all.  After scoping out the kitchen, I decided to make something that could be eaten warm or cold and would only involve the stove top for a short period of time.  I made this cous cous dish as a main course, but it would be perfect as a side dish as well.  I added salmon for protein, but it could also be made with chicken, tuna, or no meat at all.

Summer Style Cous Cous



Ingredients:

1 box of plain cous cous

1 ripe mango

1 avocado

1 bunch of cilantro, chopped

1/2 cup red onion, diced

1/2 lime, juiced

1 splash of orange juice

2 cans boneless, skinless salmon, drained (you could sub tuna, chicken, or shrimp too)

2 T pine nuts

salt, pepper to taste

Directions:

Cook cous cous according to package directions (it should take about 10 minutes).  Fluff cous cous with a fork and add mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, salt and pepper.  Fold in salmon and top with extra cilantro and pine nuts.  Serve warm or chill in the fridge for 1 hour.  This is so easy and so good!!!  

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great!...but honestly I am not even sure that you have to cook the couscous...the lime juice and OJ should "cook" the couscous (obviously left to sit for a good while...at least 2 hours)...just add some olive oil to the couscous to sit as well...and voilà!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. https://www.skyandzen.top

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work luxuryace

    ReplyDelete