Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Better Late Than Never

For as long as I can remember my family celebrates the New Year by eating pork and sauerkraut.  We typically eat this only once a year and I really look forward to it.  This year however, the universe had different plans and decided to bless my household with the noro-virus on New Years Eve.  My traditional pork and kraut were replaced with saltines and ginger ale!  A few days ago, I decided to make this meal and it was as good as ever.  Hopefully you will enjoy it too!

Pork and Sauerkraut


Ingredients:

4 pork chops, trimmed (1-2 lbs)

1 apple, peeled and chopped

1 bag of sauerkraut

2 tb spicy brown mustard

1 bottle of beer (I use Yeungling)

1 tsp of caraway seeds

1 tsp black pepper

Directions:

Place all ingredients in the crock pot on low heat.  Cook for 6-8 hours.  I serve this over mashed potatoes.  Couldn't be easier!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment