Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Grandma Over's Baked Corn

I have been eating baked corn at Thanksgiving and Christmas for as long as I can remember.  It is so easy to make and is a nice twist on a very predictable vegetable.  I assume that it is some sort of Pennsylvania Dutch recipe, because when I moved farther east most people had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned baked corn.  This is a recipe that will always remind me of my dear grandmother.  Hopefully when I make it this year it will turn out as good as hers always did.


Baked Corn

Ingredients:


3 cans of Cope's corn

3 1/2 cups milk

4 T melted butter

2tsp salt

2tsp pepper

5 beaten eggs


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Drain the 3 cans of corn and mix all of the ingredients together.  Pour into a buttered casserole dish.  Bake 60-75 minutes until set and browned.  

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! We'll be adding this to our feast.

    ReplyDelete